OUR TERMS & CONDITIONS
As a member of the Event Hire Association (EHA) our Terms and Conditions are those supplied by the Hire Association Europe (HAE).
Below is a user friendly summary, however we urge all clients to read the full Legal Terms as supplied with quotations and orders. Also available upon request.
- The hirer shall accept full responsibility of all equipment hired from the time of delivery to collection.
- The hirer shall at all times indemnify Four Candles and staff against and from any and every expense, liability, loss, claim or proceeding whatsoever in respect of any personal injury (including but not exclusive to injury to the hirer or his employees or agents) and damage to property (including the hired equipment) arising out of, or in connection with delivery, use, misuse, non-use, repossession, collection, return or non-return of the equipment or part thereof.
- We must be notified within 1 hour of delivery of any discrepancies found in the hire to avoid charges. Any discrepancies reported after this time may incur our standard replacement charge.
- Any cancellation must be notified (and confirmed) to Four Candles within 10 working days to avoid cancellation charges. Charges are as follows: Within 48 hours 100% of total charge. If orders are placed within these time limits charges are at our discretion.
Deliveries & Collection
- Deliveries will fit in with the clients requests wherever possible. Any specific delivery requests must be made before the day of despatch. Four Candles reserve the right to alter or refuse any request that is deemed unreasonable.
- Any changes to the delivery address without prior notification may be liable to extra delivery charges.
Collections will be made from the delivery address unless prior notice has been given. If changes have occurred, a further delivery charge will be made.
- All equipment hired must be returned undamaged and in good condition.
- All cutlery, crockery and catering equipment must be scraped clean, and glasses emptied.
- A cleaning service is available if prior arrangement has been made and confirmed by Four Candles.
- Any equipment returned dirty without notice may incur a charge of 50% of the total charge.
- All boxes and containers are subject to the same terms as above.
- Any losses or damages beyond reasonable repair are subject to a 100% replacement cost.
- No substitutes for losses or breakages are acceptable and can incur a replacement charge.
- Prices quoted are for 48 hours only. Saturdays and Sundays are classed as weekends and are charged at the 48 hour rate, unless alternative arrangements have been made.
- A 25% deposit may be required before delivery at our discretion.
- For longer periods please contact us for a quote.
- All quotes will include delivery, collection and cleaning charges if applicable.
- All orders are to be paid on delivery unless agreed arrangements have been made in advance.
- Once a quote is given and agreed it is fixed, subject to the terms and conditions. We reserve the right to change our prices, terms and conditions at any time, however quotes agreed are fixed.
We will always endeavour to compromise and ensure your event runs smoothly without complication or unnecessary cost. Please let us know of any concerns you may have so we can be of further help if required.